Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don't worry your not cheating

Recently I have been talking to a bunch of different students about their reading in the Bible.  Several of them have told me how they are reading from a different translation then they usually do.  Then they look at me like is that okay?  Is he going to be mad?  Is the Bible Im reading a real Bible?  Am I cheating on God?
The answer of course is its okay your not cheating on God.  God doesn't care if you are listening to His word, reading in the old KJV, even older Greek, older Hebrew, newer NIV, or even newer NLT.  God wants you to read His love letter to you! 
I am so excited that our students are excited about the Bible and what God has to say the them through it.  What an amazing thing to be apart of.  Of course when you read the scripture you will have questions.  So ask them.  No question especially when asked about the Bible is a dumb question! 

1 comment:

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don't worry your not cheating

Recently I have been talking to a bunch of different students about their reading in the Bible.  Several of them have told me how they are reading from a different translation then they usually do.  Then they look at me like is that okay?  Is he going to be mad?  Is the Bible Im reading a real Bible?  Am I cheating on God?
The answer of course is its okay your not cheating on God.  God doesn't care if you are listening to His word, reading in the old KJV, even older Greek, older Hebrew, newer NIV, or even newer NLT.  God wants you to read His love letter to you! 
I am so excited that our students are excited about the Bible and what God has to say the them through it.  What an amazing thing to be apart of.  Of course when you read the scripture you will have questions.  So ask them.  No question especially when asked about the Bible is a dumb question! 

1 comment: