Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pandora or I Tunes


How much time do you spend with your ipod?  Do you spend hours creating the perfect set list?  Or do you put it on shuffle and let it ride?  Recently I discovered Pandora and enjoyed listening to it.  Its a great free way to make your own radio station.  But there is something missing.   I don't have ownership in the music.  I have no buy in to the experience with the music.  Because it is all random and thrown at me even though I choose the artists and genres. 

I think our relationship with God is the same way.  We choose the time to pray or read.  We even choose the book of the Bible to read (often by the point and shoot method).  But we don't have buy in we don't develop a relationship with the scriptures.  So therefore we get frustrated and lose interest in reading.  We say the Bible is boring or I don't understand it.  I can say the same thing about music that I don't understand or don't feel.   When we develop a plan or a goal in reading the scripture we are going on a journey with it.  This is when it become alive to us and we can experience what God is teaching us through His word.  You can check out all kinds of reading plans on Bible Gateway.  You can look at reading the Bible in Time order, or a little Old Testament little New Testament. You can read through your favorite characters or discover new ones.  You can take a Proverb a day.  Mix and match, make it your Playlist, your plan.  Take ownership in your encounters with the scripture.  It will change your life.
http://www.pandora.com/
http://www.biblegateway.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pandora or I Tunes


How much time do you spend with your ipod?  Do you spend hours creating the perfect set list?  Or do you put it on shuffle and let it ride?  Recently I discovered Pandora and enjoyed listening to it.  Its a great free way to make your own radio station.  But there is something missing.   I don't have ownership in the music.  I have no buy in to the experience with the music.  Because it is all random and thrown at me even though I choose the artists and genres. 

I think our relationship with God is the same way.  We choose the time to pray or read.  We even choose the book of the Bible to read (often by the point and shoot method).  But we don't have buy in we don't develop a relationship with the scriptures.  So therefore we get frustrated and lose interest in reading.  We say the Bible is boring or I don't understand it.  I can say the same thing about music that I don't understand or don't feel.   When we develop a plan or a goal in reading the scripture we are going on a journey with it.  This is when it become alive to us and we can experience what God is teaching us through His word.  You can check out all kinds of reading plans on Bible Gateway.  You can look at reading the Bible in Time order, or a little Old Testament little New Testament. You can read through your favorite characters or discover new ones.  You can take a Proverb a day.  Mix and match, make it your Playlist, your plan.  Take ownership in your encounters with the scripture.  It will change your life.
http://www.pandora.com/
http://www.biblegateway.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment